The latest edition of the Fabric mix series has been mixed by Germany’s Gerd Janson.
As the spearhead of the Running Back record label and a resident of Frankfurt’s legendary night club Robert Johnson, Janson has rubbed shoulders and released music form all of the names you would come to expect when nestled in the most renowned group of German music producers and DJs. Janson recently mixed another CD in Music For Autobahns, which compromised eight tracks that were perhaps less dance floor associated and geared more towards mellow yet driving music.
For Fabric 89, Gerd Janson has chosen 17 tracks, a little shorter than found on usual Fabric mixes, however a feeling of quality over quantity is present throughout. Unlike Music For Autobahns, Fabric 89 is dedicated to the dance floor and kicks off with a superb rework of Todd Terje’s Snooze 4 Love before slowly exploding into a flurry of house and techno, a number of which are unreleased tracks from some of Gerd’s closest friends.
Amongst the track selection you will find specially made edits from John Talabot, fresh club cuts courtesy of Inner Sense and Catz N’ Dogz and even throwback acid techno classics like HMC’s Marauder. It’s wonderful.
01. Todd Terje – Snooze 4 Love (Luke Abbott Remix)
02. John Talabot – Voices (fabric Edit)
03. Traumprinz – Love Yeah
04. Shan – The City Never Sleeps
05. Boddika & Joy Orbison – Severed Seven
06. Mateo Murphy – Apex
07. Geeeman – Wanna Go Bang (Catz ‘N Dogz Edit)
08. Q-Burns Abstract Message – Mess Of Afros (Glenn Underground Remix)
09. Inner Sense – MoTP
10. Mike Ash – Return To Acid
11. Nick Höppner – Relate (The Black Madonna Remix)
12. HMC – Marauder
13. Joe Claussell – Rhythm
14. Roger Van Lunteren – Hills, I Want You
15. Scott Grooves – Finished
16. Caribou – Sun (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)
Words by Josh Plews
Photos courtesy of Magnet Musik