Although Apollonia only officially formed in 2012, Dan Ghenacia, Dyed Soundorom and Shonky have been close friends for years, and according to the younger pair of Dyed and Shonky, it was the guiding hand of Dan that introduced them into the music that has brought them – and their fans – so much joy and happiness.
Recorded over a six week period at the Apollonia Berlin studio, the mix is described by the French trio as "a reflection about of our culture and how we play, and it's a really good mirror of who we are and what we do, mixing the old school stuff that fits in really well at the moment, with some brand new music" – featuring releases from Apollonia themselves alongside tracks from The Mole, Funk E, Mood II Swing, Tevo Howard and more.
01. El Prevost feat. D.Ham - Allez Ally
02. Trus'me - Nards (Ryan Elliott Remix)
03. Apollonia - Trinidad
04. The Mole - Bleep Blop Robot
05. Nail - I've Been There
06. Daze Maxim - Farbfilm (Dyed Soundorom Remix)
07. Funk E - Masa de Fatza
08. Eduardo De La Calle - The Guy From Hackney
09. Mood II Swing feat. John Ciafone - Ohh
10. DeWalta & Frieder Klaris - Fromsidetoside
11. Mazi - Scene Shifter
12. Môme - Control (Tevo Howard Remix)
13. Apollonia - Visa Americain
14. Philipp Boston - Night Chime
15. Masomenos / Ark / Cabanne - Bronze Septembre
16. Grimes Adhesif - Fearless Fun
17. Callisto - Need Ur Love (Stalactite Mix)
Catch Dan Ghenacia, Dyed Soundorom and Shonky playing one of their famed b2b2b sets at Circoloco In The Arena, Birmingham (UK) this August alongside the likes of Seth Troxler, Maceo Plex, Jamie Jones, Kerri Chandler, The Martinez Brothers, Tale Of Us and many more.
Check out the full lineup here and get your tickets from the link below.
Circoloco In The Arena/Type Festival
Saturday 10th – Sunday 11th August
The Arena, Birmingham
Article by Alex Ogilvie
Images courtesy of Fabric and Circoloco In The Arena